1970 - ROADRUNNER
1970 ROADRUNNER 440/6PACK AUTOMATIC NO 96
An exceptionally rare car; this is one of just 14 Road Runner convertibles combining the V-code 440/390 HP Six Pack engine and Torqueflite automatic transmission, and it is the only one issued from the factory finished in Tor Red with a White-on-Black interior.
Visually inspected by Galen Govier, it took nine years to complete the restoration of this jaw-dropping 1970 Plymouth Road Runner convertible. That’s a long time by any measure, but a job worth doing is worth doing right, and the job here was to restore the car to literally factory original condition, and that meant countless hours scouring the land for genuine NOS parts.
Needless to say, it is entirely matching numbers and correctly date coded, right down to such seemingly pedestrian items as the alternator, distributor, spark plug wires and engine drive belts.
It is optioned exactly as it left the factory with power steering and power front disc brakes, full gauges including Tic-Toc-Tach, remote driver’s mirror, light package, bucket seats and console, solid state radio, 3-spoke woodgrain steering wheel, 3-speed wipers, performance hood paint, chrome exhaust tips, Dust Trail body side stripe and 15-inch Rally road wheels with Goodyear F60-15 Polyglass GT tires.
The result of this attention to detail is that this car is arguably the finest example in existence.
1970 Roadrunner 440 / 6 Pack Automatic
- 9 year Concours restoration with mostly NOS date coded parts
- Very rare: of total production 0f 34 cars only 20 built as a 4-speed
- This is the ONLY Tor Red with White on Black bucket seat interior
- Matching numbers V-Code 440/390 HP Six Pack engine
- Torqueflite automatic transmission
- 3.55 8 ¾ rear end
- Power Steering, power front disc brakes
- Full gauges including Tic-Toc-Tach
- Remote driver’s mirror, light package
- Bucket seats and console, solid state radio
- 3-spoke woodgrain steering wheel
- 3-speed wipers, performance hood paint
- Chrome exhaust tips, Dusty Trail body side stripes
- 15-inch Rallye road wheels with Goodyear F60-15 Polygls GT tires
As noted above, this is probably the finest example of qa 1970 Road Runner in existence today.